I am pleased to announce that I have been selected as one of the Microsoft Project MVPs to deliver a presentation at the upcoming Project Conference in Phoenix, Arizona next month. The title of my presentation is "Tips, Tricks, and Best Practices for Using Project Server 2010." As you might surmise from the title, my presentation will focus on real-world methods and techniques for using Project Server 2010 more effectively.
To give you a flavor of my presentation, I will be using Microsoft Project 2010 and Project Server 2010 to provide the answers to the following questions:
- Is there any easy way to locate and use the Import Project Wizard in Microsoft Project 2010 when connected to Project Server? In fact, can you even find the Import Project Wizard in the software, let alone use it?
- Is there a one-click method to return to the Home page in PWA from any other page, such as from the Project Center page?
- How can the Project Server administrator create a blank spacing line in the Quick Launch Menu in PWA?
- How can the Project Server administrator prevent team members from changing the dates in the Start and Finish fields on the Tasks page in PWA?
- How can team members display summary tasks for their tasks on the Tasks page in PWA?
- What is the purpose of the "Load summary resource assignments" option in the Login dialog in Microsoft Project 2010, and how does this option impact the process of leveling overallocated resources?
- How can a project manager pass temporary permissions for managing an enterprise project to a fellow project manager so that the fellow manager can open, edit, save, and publish the project in Microsoft Project 2010?
- How can a resource manager pass permissions to a fellow resource manager to approve Timesheets and Status Reports in his/her absence?
- Is there a way in Project Server 2010 to allow a team leader to enter and submit task updates on behalf of resources that report to the team leader?
- How can you use the "freeze panes" feature to lock the first row and first column of the Details data grid at the bottom of the Resource Availability page in PWA?
- What is the real purpose of the Tasks page and the Calendar page in the Project Site for any enterprise project? And is there a way the project manager can edit the names of these two pages to reflect their real purpose?
If you do not know all of the answers to the preceding questions, and you plan to attend the Project Conference next month, I would like to invite you to attend my presentation. It is scheduled for Tuesday, March 20, from 3:15 – 4:30 PM in room North 222 AB. I guarantee my presentation will be lively, highly interactive, and funny as well!
If you are not yet registered for the upcoming Project Conference, please click on the following link and register. Hope to see you there!